“The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now” – Chinese Proverb
How else could you explain the importance of time?
Your life may be filled with questions like:
- When should I do this?
- How can I split my time for my tasks in queue?
- What time should I go to bed?
- When should I set my alarm to?
- Should I get up a little earlier today to do more?
But because sleep is mandatory in our health and at the same time our lives are packed with busy schedules, time is simply not enough.
Time is very limited.
Take note that all human beings experience the same 24 hours per day system – no less, no extra.
But the difference between successful people and human failures is simple. They smart ones know how to spend their time effectively. They understand that:
The amount of time given cannot be controlled, but how time is used can be controlled.
Because time determines how much we can do (doing the right thing is obviously the more important priority), we have to manage our time effectively, with the right mentality.
- Understand that time is rule that governs our ability to act.
- Understand that time is ticking non-stop and is limited.
- Know what your tackling task is at each very moment. Don’t be aimless, have a goal at all times. Have a purpose of living.
- Understand you will be distracted from the clutter in the world.
- And when you fall into a trap, know when to pick yourself back up – have constant alertness.
The catchphrase I use…
There’s a catchphrase that I use all the time to help me get back on track, bring me focus, help me concentrate and raise productivity.
“The time is now.”
I’m not sure if it had originated from someone else, but this simple message has helped me recalibrate my mind again and again, even in the most cumbersome situations.
Stuck with any time management confusions? Tell yourself…
…the time is now.
Remember, the first best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago, and second best time would be now.